Winters in St. Louis can be difficult, as can finding a place for your kids to expel excess energy when the weather gets rough. Here are some ideas for getting the kids out of the house this winter.
1. Magic House - The Magic House is a great place for kids to not only let off some steam but also to get creative! They can pretend to work at a grocery store or library in the Children’s Village or paint a beautiful picture in the Art Studio.
2. The City Museum - Get a large group together (at least 15), make reservations, and get the group rate of $8/person. Even the full price admission of $12/person is worth it to spend a full day climbing, sliding, and bouncing around this incredible place.
3. Steinberg Ice Rink - If you want to brave the cold, Steinberg’s Ice Rink is the place to do it. Skate until your heart’s content and then warm up with some hot chocolate and a snack from the café.
4. The Lodge - Pull out your bathing suit from the depths of your dresser and head to The Lodge in Des Peres. The indoor pool has lap lanes, a wave pool, hot tub, and a tall water slide.
5. Jump 4 Fun - Let your kids get some serious energy out by going to one of Jump 4 Fun’s open bounce sessions. Parents, order a pizza and relax at one of the abundant tables while your kids terrorize someone else’s space.